The purpose of Atlanta Beagle Rescue, Inc. is:
- To rescue dogs from situations that are abusive, endangering, and/or neglectful, which include animal shelters that euthanize;
- To provide foster homes for these animals;
- To provide necessary veterinary care;
- To promote the importance of spaying/neutering; and
- To place rescued animals into permanent adoptive homes or special purpose sanctuaries.
Atlanta Beagle Rescue is governed by a Board of Directors which has quarterly meetings. Atlanta Beagle Rescue is an all-volunteer organization. There are no salaried employees and we do not have a shelter. All our dogs are fostered in private homes around the metro Atlanta area.
We are licensed by the Georgia Department of Agriculture, and as such, adhere to their rules and regulations including but not limited to statistical reporting, inspection of foster homes, and compliance with contagious disease protocols.
Atlanta Beagle Rescue is a duly incorporated Georiga non-profit corporation, and a federally tax-exempt 501(c)3 public charity. We rely on adoption donations and general donations to run our program. Any donations, whether cash, in kind, or material may be deductible on your taxes in accordance with IRS guidelines.